Jira Governance & Housekeeping
Learn to keep your Jira instance healthy and organized for the long haul, then earn a Pro Skills Badge
how to set yourself up for success with a new Jira instance
how to clean, de-clutter, and organize an existing Jira instance
how to evaluate the impact and tradeoffs of your design and configuration decisions
This free Atlassian Skillbuilder course explores approaches to balancing customization and standardization in Jira.
You’ll learn how to set yourself up for success with a new Jira instance, how to clean, de-clutter, and organize an existing Jira instance, and how to evaluate the impact and tradeoffs of your design and configuration decisions. In the course, you will explore three use cases that will help you understand what to do—and what not to do—when setting up a new instance or working with an existing one. You’ll also learn about key marketplace apps and community resources for doing advanced clean-up tasks. After this course, you’ll be ready to make informed decisions about how to set up and maintain your Jira instance.
This course is applicable for both project administrators and Jira administrators for Jira Software, Jira Service management, and Jira Work Management. It also applies to all deployments: cloud, data center, and server.
Enroll now in this free Skillbuilder course. It's the first step toward earning a Pro Skills Badge.
After completing this course, you are eligible to earn an Atlassian Pro Skills Badge (ASB-116).
To earn the badge, you must complete the free Skillbuilder course and pass a short online quiz (schedule it below).
Plan your choices carefully with these considerations:
- After you complete the Skillbuilder course, you can take the quiz to earn the badge immediately or you can wait until you need to extend a certification.
- Earning this badge will extend any related Certification by two additional years (24 months), provided that you earn it before your certification’s suspension date.
→ Learn more about extending credentials.
- Products covered: Jira Administration
- Location: online, not proctored
- Schedule and pay for your quiz in the certification portal using a credit card or a voucher.
- This is a non-proctored quiz that can be launched at any time. Once the quiz begins, you must complete it within one hour.
- If you passed, your new Atlassian Pro Skills badge will appear in the certification portal within 1-2 business days. If you did not pass, you can register again. The retake fee is the same as the initial fee.
Your Pro Skills Badge is valid for two years (24 months). To keep all your Pro Skills Badges active, simply add a new one every 24 months.