Jira Administration Part 1
Learn the skills you need to succeed as a Jira administrator
How to set up a new Jira instance for your organization
Familiarity with important Jira administrator best practices and responsibilities
How to manage users, set permissions, and configure projects
You’ll also get experience performing important Jira administrator tasks.
Experiment without breaking anything
All instructor-led team training (Team Virtual and Team On-site only) includes access to Atlassian University’s unique hands-on labs — a safe, sandbox environment to learn the tools by using them. So you can reinforce your team's training with some muscle memory. You can continue to access labs for 24 hours after classroom time with your instructor.
This course is designed for new Jira administrators who manage Jira Software, Jira Service Management, and/or Jira Work Management. This course is designed for Cloud, Data Center, and Server customers.
Before taking this course, we suggest you take Jira Essentials With Agile Mindset, or have equivalent Jira experience.
After completing this course, continue your Jira Administration education with Jira Administration, Part 2.
- Course Overview (10 min)
- Introducing Cloud Administration (15 min)
- Setting Up Your Site (50 min)
- Managing Site Users & Their Product Access (65 min)
- Configuring Jira (45 min)
- Configuring Global Permissions (35 min)
- Jira Projects Overview (20 min)
- Creating & Configuring Company-Managed Projects (65 min)
- Configuring Company-Managed Project Permissions (35 min)
- Configuring Company-Managed Project Roles (35 min)
- Creating and Configuring Team-Managed Projects (45 min)
Lessons (Data Center & Server)
- Course Overview (15 min)
- Configuring Your System (85 min)
- Setting Up Users & Groups (70 min)
- Configuring Global Permissions (50 min)
- Creating & Configuring Projects (125 min)
- Configuring Project Roles & Permissions (75 min)